My Fashion Sense.... Help?

Hey Everyone! As According to THIS VIDEO:



People are tell me I dress above my age (19 here). I suppose I should make it fresh, but I'm a bit lost!

In high school, I didnt have a big social scene. When I did private study because I couldn't handle people teasing me about my height and my acne, I was surrounded by adults. All my life my friends have been older. I've grown up around buisnesswomen, newsanchors, and runway fashion.... which has severely impaired me!

Runway Fashion looks nothing like what's cute, or everyday wear- and growing up around it taught me it was good-looking!



In addition to that, being around corporate places (and scrubs) has shown me that fashion only exists in business attire and that scrubs make good lounge-wear.




ALL IN ALL, I NEED HELP!!!! I'll never let go of these roots, but I do want to freshen it up a bit, now and then.


Here is some celebrity inspiration, What do you think???


Taylor Swift 

Greene

Greene

Miley Cyrus

Kardashian/Jenner

Kardashian

Kardashian

Miley Cyrus

Gomez

Gomez

Gomez

Gomez

Gomez

Gomez

Kardashian/Jenner

Taylor Swift 

Taylor Swift  
Taylor Swift 

Taylor Swift 

Taylor Swift 

Taylor Swift 

Taylor Swift 

Taylor Swift 
Taylor Swift 




Do you think these are good places for me to start? What are some other age-appropriate outfits you would recommend? Post a photo on Facebook or in a tweet if you can!



Comments

  1. You're beautiful with any style, just follow your instinct! You have a perfect sense how to use clothes according to the ocasion, don't worry!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god. That sounds so... Like me! Really, i also had acne but its much better now. I was being bullied about it all the time - and also the fact that i am a ginger. So i also socialized with older people and that made me like... more mature, i guess!
    But my advice to you - would be. What about a dark/black skinny jeans, a nice tunic maybe in some sort of nude color, a nice slimmed blazer jacket and either flats, wedges or maybe even some really high heels to really pull the outfit of. I also like wearing skinny jeans, a oversize top with some kind of statement on it - and a blazer, nice scarf and high heels. :-)
    Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Taylor Swift is a good person to look towards for fashion since she basically has the same body type as you. Maybe start with some cute Forever 21 pieces? They are cute, young and fun without being childish. Plus it is pretty affordable so if you discover you really love a type of clothing, you can invest in a higher quality one later. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your style is amazing... dress however you feel like dressing... the celebrity pictures look great though and would suit your style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your style is classy and pretty, and while you do dress older than most girls between 19 and 21 (my age), it isn't really a bad thing, because you look good, and not trashy like some girls dress. I would also recommend Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez's style, mostly because that is similar style to what I like to wear. But wear whatever you want!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, you must dress that clothes on which you feel confortable and feel yourself, never forget that! Of all these girls, the one I love the most is Taylor Swift. All her clothes are amazing and super femenine. And I think these kind of clothes (delicate, femenine) will suit you!:)

    PD- Excuse me if I'm making a lot of mistakes on my English, I'm Spanish and I can't speak English very well:/

    Kisses from Spain!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey,

    If you are looking for inspiration, you should check out lookbuk. It's a great way to pick up pieces and trends from regular people rather than what the stars are wearing. It's all about aesthetics, you just need to find what fits you. I love clothes, though I am more into street fashion rather than classic pieces.

    Love your make up tutorials since I am a make-up novice and I break up a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey I think you're style is great and whats the point in age-approprietness? Its not like you're a little kid wearing shirts with cuss words or a pre-teen girl wearing revealing clothes! You're a grown up! Wear whatever the heck you wanna! (However, I am totally obsessed with Greene's and Swift's floral dresses. I'm into everything feminine right now.)

    http://othersuchshenanigans.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts