"How Does It Feel To Finally Have Clear Skin?"



People have started asking me: "don't you feel so amazing and confident now that you've been able to clear your skin?!" 🤔






The truthful answer is, no. 🌿 I learned to love my acne-ridden, scarred and blemished skin around 2/3 years ago, when I still had a face full of pimples. I was looking in the mirror one day and decided that I could continue self criticizing, blaming and punishing myself until I got clear skin, or I could decide to show myself a bit of acceptance and self love. 💕

Even with my acne, I decided to call myself beautiful. I decided to call myself wonderful. Even with my acne, I decided to find value in who I am as a person, and see the actions I could take to make the world around me a better place. In a time where ads in magazines tell girls their bodies are wrong, and commercials on tv tell them their skin ugly, I found reasons to question why those ads got to dictate how I perceived my own life. 🙏🏽That self love was one of the most liberating finds I've ever come across, and has radiated to other areas of my life. Now that I have cleared my skin and my acne is pretty much gone, people expect me to feel exuberant, confident, beautiful, and beaming with energy.

💝 The truth is, I've been feeling that way since I decided to show myself a lil bit of love, clear skin or not. 🌸 Start where you are. Change our mindset. Educate yourself. Stay positive. Cut shitty people out of your life. Eat healthy. Focus on your goals. Spend a quiet moment alone. Read a book. Drink more water. Take are of yourself. Love yourself. 🦋


You are beautiful, babe.



Follow Me on Pinterest

Comments

Popular Posts